The urbex trip to Gary, Indiana over the past weekend was funded entirely by American Urbex contributors. Although the heat was at times stifling, it was very refreshing to be surrounded by two more talented photographers. Starting early on Saturday we hit up as many well known urbex locations as possible. On Sunday two of us contorted our bodies to make it into an otherwise inaccessible location and spent the next six and half hours there.
The total expenditures for the trip are as follows. Some items are approximated until all locations report their debit transactions.
- Hotel: $156 for two nights at Quality Inn in Hammond, IN
- Food: $30 for Subway, KFC, other food items
- Gas: $26 full tank from Whitewater, WI to Gary, IN
- Tolls: $16 for the upkeep of Illinois and Indiana’s highways
- Gloves: $5 for protection
- SD Reader: $2 to transfer photos
Some of the total cost was offset by Brett, who has a nice dinner coming his way some day in the future. Nick also deserves credit for pitching in for gas on the return trip and other miscellaneous costs. What remains of the funds contributed will go towards fulfilling contributor incentives. Extra funds will go towards future urbex adventures.
The trip was a smashing success. Thanks and keep an eye out for more Gary urbex updates than you can wave a stick at over the next few weeks.